Big Data Developer
Are you passionate about Big Data and Cloud Services? Are you looking for innovative and tech-addicted data lovers like yourself? Do you want to create real value? – Good News – the Ultra Tendency family is growing, and we are looking for powerful new members keen on solving the most complex problems of global corporations together with us. Join our cross-functional and diverse teams in Germany, Spain, Latvia, and Russia.
Who are we? – We are Ultra Tendency: The international boutique technology company dedicated to Big Data, Streaming, IoT, Microservices, and Cloud Computing. We are based on the principle of creating innovative, highly scalable, and sustainable data-driven solutions based on cutting-edge open-source technologies and the portfolios of Azure, AWS, and GCP. We do not only leverage tech; we build it by contributing source code to more than 15 open-source projects. We operate 8 company branches in 5 countries supporting global corporations of any industry and public institution. Our mission is to enable organizations and institutions to harness the power of their data to drive the digital transformation of products and processes.
If you love writing high-quality code, Spark is your daily business, or you know Spark like the back of your hand we have just the right challenges for you! In your role as Senior Big Data Developer, you will take ownership to make Big Data “useful.” Solve Big Data problems for our customers throughout the project life cycle.
You will work with our customers to identify requirements and design applications according to their needs.
You are responsible for one or more developers, making sure they deliver their tasks at hand and leading the project team to growth and a collaborative attitude to steer our Big Data projects.
- Make Big Data useful (build program code, test and deploy to various environments, design, and optimize data processing algorithms for our customers)
- Support your development team with feature implementation and automate testing of data-driven applications.
- Make a difference by bringing in new ideas to improve the quality or development methodology of the development team.
- Identify performance bottlenecks within the applications and address them accordingly.
- Debugging, reviewing, developing, and taking charge of complex solutions
- Lead a development team, ensure high-quality standards, and best practices
- At least 5 years of experience with data ingestion, analysis, integration, and design of Big Data applications using Apache open-source technologies, such as Spark, Kafka, Impala, HBase, etc.
- Strong experience in developing software using Java or a comparable language
- Solid computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures and programming skills in distributed systems)
- Experience in leading a project team.
- Verbal and written skills in English (a MUST), other (e.g., German, Russian, Spanish) an advantage
- Understanding and establishment of professional software engineering best practices and methodologies
BE ABLE TO
- Show the qualities that enable high performance like being curious about learning and thinking agile
- Act objective oriented – deliver on what brings the greatest value to the organization
- Work enterprising – chart a course that understands customer needs and creates a competitive advantage
- Empower others– build up the team and uplift growth
- Demonstrate reliability- be disciplined and conscientious in your tasks
- Work in an English-speaking, international, and pluralistic company that feels like one global big family
- Boost your own career together with some of the greatest minds in our industry (Apache Committers, PMC members, MVPs, etc.)
- Create real impact and make a difference while developing unique systems and applications for our numerous renowned customers in Germany and Europe
- Professional development opportunities and an unrivaled lifelong learning philosophy that will max out your potential (guaranteed!)
- Unlimited access to Udemy
- Well-structured personal development path executed by Ultra Tendency Academy
- Open feedback culture that generates distinct value from connecting people through networks rather than through hierarchies
- Contribute your ideas and turn them into value through a high level of personal responsibility
- Great pay and compensations
- Flexible work through home office and flextime
- Employee referral program
- Regular (virtual) teambuilding events
- Ultra Summer: Company-wide workation event in a beautiful location
To apply for this job please visit de.indeed.com.