Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a highly analytical, forward thinking Data Analyst. The data Analyst will be responsible for supporting the production of Digital Shadows intelligence through evaluating and interpreting complex data sets, as well as developing tools and code to support analysis as and when required. The Data Analyst will be a great storyteller with strong data analysis skillsets, and will have a keen interest in broadening their skills, knowledge and experience within an Intelligence environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support research into cyber threats by collating data from multiple sources including primary and closed sources to interpret trends and enable analysis
- Interpret data to offer deeper insights into Digital Shadows’ intelligence
- Actively engage with team members to help identify problems and possible solutions
- Identify requirements for the Intelligence Team that could be solved with code and tooling
- Write code to support existing Intelligence Team processes and tools
- Create prototypes, and tools in response to intelligence requirements
- Suggest new methods, processes, and tools that the team could adopt to help us achieve our mission and improve our workflows
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Data Analyst role or similar
- Strong data analysis skillsets
- Ability to solve complex problems
- A numerate degree or equivalent education (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics) or equivalent professional experience
- A competent coder with experience of Python or Java. Experience with Jupyter Notebooks is a plus.
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL databases, MapReduce, HBase
- Understands good working data-analysis processes and is able to shape and improve their working environment
- Ability to quality-assess data to understand its suitability and limitations for analysis
- Able to combine and analyse datasets – including from real-world data – to produce meaningful statistical analysis
- Able to communicate technical requirements on data capture and create their own ETL pipelines to retrieve the data they need
- Able to combine and analyse datasets to produce meaningful statistical analysis
- Able to present to internal business stakeholders on the output of data analysis and the significance of those findings
- Comfortable working in cross functional teams, ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- An interest in applying skills within a cyber threat intelligence focused team
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Willing and eagerness to learn and able to adapt with the growth of the business
- Knowledge of VERIS framework
- Russian, Mandarin or Farsi language capabilities
- Familiar with Diamond Model, Cyber Kill Chain, and ATT&CK frameworks
- Ability to mentor less technical colleagues
- Competitive Benefits Package, including equity
- Spirited, fun culture with regular events/outings (in a normal year) & perks!
- Flexible working opportunities
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.