Green Coffee Marketer Trading Platforms
By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Germany (Hamburg / Bremen); Netherland (Amsterdam / Rotterdam / Utrecht); Poland (Warsaw); Belgium (Brussels / Antwerp). This position manages the relationship with a selection of customers to execute the company’s green beans sales strategy in Germany and northern Europe. It will also support the business development in the region through proposals, planning and possibly implementation of new trade flows through but not limited to creative logistics, strategic positions, off takes agreement, sustainability projects, etc. allowing the extension of our commercial reach and sales growth while improving the company execution/logistics capabilities within Germany, North Europe, or with key accounts. Additionally, this position will guide the support functions to meet our contractual obligation and ensure the relationship is preserved while defending the best interest of the company.
- Account management: Manage the existing relationship with a selection of customers to execute the platform sales strategy in Germany and north Europe. Help the platform grow the sales volumes through the acquisition of new accounts. Understand regions needs and answer to these needs in a commercial manner, sustain the relationships with the key customers through commercial actions. Promote LDC’s products and teams to the clients.
- Sales Strategy: Contribute to the design of global coffee sales strategy in order to grow LDC coffee volumes in line with Business plan, whilst improving the P/L and managing the risk of the desk.
- Execution: Oversee and coordinate execution of the transactions until fulfilment, control of possible demurrage, inventory management, invoice payments, risk exposure, quality control etc. from origin to final contracted terms. Guide the support functions to meet our contractual obligation while defending the best interest of the company. Improve ability to do execution/logistics within Germany, North Europe, or with key accounts.
- Reporting: Use existing reporting tools to ensure that correct information is reported. Support the continuous improvement of our internal information systems.
- Market intelligence: Gather and feed the Coffee platform with local market information (supply, demand, prices, competition, trends), to elevate the debate about market data and balance sheet with colleagues during Platform calls. Aid in price discovery, demand side data sourcing, analysis and both spot and destination pricing.
- Trading: In addition to the marketing role, the applicant will maintain a close contact with some specific origins in order to help defining trading strategies and will contribute to the Robusta and Arabica cash strategy development.
- Quality: Contribute to quality control / cupping sessions,
- Transmission: help develop the younger traders on the desk by remaining open, by sharing experiences and including them in your work.
- Other: Remaining flexible and open to tasks both adhoc and longer term, promoting an amicable and open working environment.
- Main Regional Focus: Selected countries in the EMEA Region, major needs being for the German and East European markets.
- 8 to 10 years of experience working in Coffee trading
- Origin experience in Vietnam/CAM/Latam is a plus
- Sales experience in the EMEA region (Germany/Belgium/Netherlands) is required
- Detailed Knowledge of coffee: Sensory, Defects, Quality.
- Good understanding of coffee demand and coffee production dynamics.
- Good understanding of supply chain management related to coffee.
- Strong focus on German market required, good understanding of key major accounts is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Results-oriented with demonstrated self-initiative
- Action & solution-oriented with a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to flex between strategic and operational tasks, high sense of priority
- Advanced Excel user
- Knowledge of Russian or Spanish language will be considered as a plus
- English (Fluent)
- German (Fluent)
To apply for this job please visit www.ldc.com.