Rating Analyst: Infrastructure Ratings
The EMEA Practice has an Associate opening and is looking to fill it as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be based in London and the main responsibility will be supporting senior analysts in monitoring credit ratings mainly in the UK, Middle East and Africa. You will establish yourself as an analyst with focus on excellence in analytics and client service. The role requires also to act as a process role model, setting measurable targets, setting priorities, problem solving and helping to improve and enhance rating’s process and procedures.
At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence. S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk. By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to further expand analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning.
As an Associate you will be responsible for the analysis of a portfolio of infrastructure entities. You will also be responsible to produce and process data, information and financial projections. You will be responsible for reviewing, researching and managing transaction documents, running credit models, analyzing cash flows, and preparing analytical documentation. You will be expected to provide analytical reasoning to senior team members and in discussions within the team, and to act proactively toward resolution of issues, to investigate root causes for problems, solving and be knowledgeable on the appropriate criteria. You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the industry trends and issues.
English language skills must be excellent in order to communicate properly and precisely within the organization and publish research as discussed above. German, French, Spanish and/or Russian skills are also preferable.
The Career Opportunity or what’s in it for you:
Infrastructure finance is one of the fastest growing sectors of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you. It offers the opportunity to work in a collegial culture with great potential for professional development and career growth. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving. In addition, this role provides a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types.
As an Associate, you are working as part of the Global Infrastructure Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. We prepare our most successful Rating Analysts to become our future team senior analysts and to act as spokespersons.
The Team / The Business
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure, EMEA, and be working closely with the UK Project Finance & Corporate Lead Analyst and a number of highly experienced industry specialists, not only in the region but globally.
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure and energy asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria.
As important as the pure professional background is the personal and cultural fit. S&P Global’s culture can be described as highly integrated & collegiate. As a firm, we work supporting each other to deliver the best solutions to clients.
The Associate undertakes rigorous analytical work and is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, working with financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated different infrastructure asset classes. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills. Your responsibilities also include:
- Owning the analysis and surveillance of a portfolio of infrastructure assets in the UK, Africa and the Middle East.
- Understanding of Project Finance, Corporate and/or Structured Finance credit risk
- Deeply understanding financial analysis and preparing detailed forecasts
- Researching information that supports the analysis and commentaries
- Supporting the team by leading visual management and capacity management tools
- Modelling the leadership behaviours
- Owning problems and spearheading problem solving in order to foster a continuous improvement mentality
- Understanding and implementing S&P’s Policies and SOPs
- Participating in special projects within the Global Infrastructure Practice as appropriate
The role includes eventual travelling and on-the-job training.
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related subject
- Project finance, Corporate, Structured Finance or Public Finance experience of at least 3 years for an Associate within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, rating agency, or an audit company.
- Proficiency with calculations and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with strict and tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Fluent in English (German, French, Spanish or Russian are a plus)
- Strong modeling and excel skills
- Diligent and intellectually curious, self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
- Adaptability and ability to accept and learn from criticism
- Conduct with a strong professional behavior
To apply for this job please visit careers.spglobal.com.