Senior InfoSec Engineer SOC
At PMI, we’ve chosen to do something incredible. We’re totally transforming our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With huge change, comes huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you’ll enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly different directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fuelled by technology.
The total transformation we’re going through means that there are unique IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you’ll need to be driven and equally happy whether you’re taking the strategic view or diving deep into processes. We’ll make sure you’re set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Your day-to-day work:
As a senior SOC team member, you will contribute to the day-to-day activities related of Cyber Defense and Security Operations Center by:
- Being part of the global team of InfoSec engineers/analysts distributed across Latin America, Europe, and East-Asia
- Working in a highly automated environment and providing ideas and feedback to develop the xSOAR platform to improve detection and hunting capabilities
- Proactively performing threat intelligence and IOC investigations to ensure the security of our key systems
- Perform targeted security assessments as required by threat intelligence, IT or business teams
- Assisting and supporting our global legal, internal affairs, external affairs, crisis management, vulnerability management and incident response teams in SOC related activities
- Promoting severe alerts to incidents and working in tandem with the Incident Response team during analysis, containment, and eradication activities
- Recognizing attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis, and incident response
- Successfully investigating and identifying root-cause findings, then communicating the findings to partners including technical teams, and leadership to improve our security posture
- Providing security expertise to support detection & analysis of malicious activity from the SOC T1 team, including training or documentation when needed
- Participating in a variety of SOC projects to adapt our detection and handling strategies to the evolution of cyber threats
Who we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ experience of performing detection and response activities in various and sophisticated environments (IT, OT, Cloud)
- Full grasp of Tier 1 responsibilities and duties and how the duties feed into Tier 2. The ability to take lead on investigation/research when appropriate and be able to mentor junior analysts.
- Experience with SIEM including crafting and testing correlation (SPLUNK desirable).
- Experience performing Malware analysis on Windows, Mac, and reverse engineering is beneficial
- Participation in on-call rotation including weekends.
- Curiosity and motivation to discover and stop new attack techniques.
- Desire to share knowledge, build trust, and develop growth-mindset within a global multicultural team
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required to detail and communicate findings, raise critical incidents, and interact with InfoSec or IT teams.
- Experience working in the in a global organization is a plus.
- Reliability and ability to function as part of a 24×7 Security Operations Center.
Desirable certifications include, but are not limited to:
- Security +
- CEH, CISSP, CCNA (Security) or equivalent Certifications.
- GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC.
What we offer
Our success depends on the people of all genders who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We’ll empower you to do things differently, experiment and explore.
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong.
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with a global business – our staggering size and scale provides endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers.
To apply for this job please visit pmi.avature.net.