Sustainability Project Manager
Rain Carbon Inc. is a leading global producer of carbon products and advanced materials that are essential to countless industrial processes and manufactured products.
We are a resourceful, reliable and responsible partner that transforms the byproducts of other industries into usable, high-value products. Our businesses have spent the past 150 years anticipating changes in customer requirements. We have watched technological advancements stretch the imagination of what’s possible. And we are constantly using our experience and innovation to develop essential raw materials that enable customers to introduce cutting-edge products and meet evolving societal and regulatory demands.
Our global businesses include administrative and sales offices in China, India and the United States of America. We have carbon and advanced materials production and processing facilities in Belgium, Canada, Germany, India, Poland, Russia and the United States.
We build collaborative, long-term relationships and ensure our customers’ market success by delivering consistent high quality products and customized product solutions. Rain Carbon Inc. and each of our global locations have an exceptional track record of reliability and a culture of responsibility to customers, suppliers, employees and communities.
- Support the Global Director of Sustainability on projects related to the development of a sustainability strategy and respective sustainability targets, incl. the preparation of concepts and proposals to support target setting and strategy development as well as the preparation of presentations and follow up documentation for internal sustainability committee meetings
- Coordination of the group wide sustainability related data collection, monitoring of sustainability related data inventories as well as coordination of the continuous improvement of the sustainability data reporting tools
- Development of additional sustainability related data inventories and evaluations to support strategic considerations
- Manage the external validation (auditing) of sustainability related data (e.g., in accordance with GRI-standard)
- Support with the preparation of annual and/or sustainability reports for Rain Carbon and Rain Industries including coordination of collection of information at the sites and translation of sustainability relevant data (e.g., Life Cycle Assessments) into content for communication
- Manage renewal and working on improvements of Rain Carbons sustainability ratings (e.g., CDP, EcoVadis)
- Consulting for and supporting of Rain Carbon departments regarding sustainability relevant issues and sustainability related requests e.g., from customers or other stakeholders
- Research and identification of sustainability related trends and topics which could be of strategic relevance to Rain Carbon
- University degree in sustainability or environmental science or a related field, professional trainings and certifications in the field of sustainability would be beneficial
- Three to five years of consulting or in-house experience in the sustainability context or in the sustainability department of an industrial company
- Experience with sustainability strategy development and strategy implementation projects incl. target setting
- Solid understanding of sustainability data management and GHG accounting incl. respective standards such as GRI and GHG-Protocol
- Experience with sustainability related global initiatives, regulations and rating schemes (e.g., EcoVadis, CDP, UN Global Compact)
- Ability to quickly and efficiently become familiar with the company’s raw materials, operations and product portfolio as well as with Rain Carbon’s societal contributions
- Profound understanding of global trends and societal challenges
- Profound knowledge in handling standard software (MS office, SAP), Special software (data banks etc.) for organization of large amounts of information could be beneficial
- Fluent in English and German (written and spoken), additional languages (Russian, Dutch or Polish) would be an advantage
To apply for this job please visit career.raincarbon.com.