Technical Support Engineer
Siemens Mobility are recruiting a Technical Support Engineer for our Rolling Stock depot in Leyton. Based out of the Temple Mills Depot supporting the Eurostar Velaro High Speed Fleet, the Technical Support Engineer will work with the Production, Technical and Performance teams supporting with the maintenance and reliability improvement of the fleet.
This is a unique opportunity to work on one of Siemens most high-profile fleets and we will offer an excellent training package to help you develop your knowledge and skills. This role will work shifts so will require working a combination of Days, Nights and Weekends. You will need to live within an hour (maximum) commute of the depot or be willing to consider relocation.
What are your Responsibilities?
- Act as the Siemens representative on shift, providing technical support to the Operator’s production, performance and technical teams.
- With minimal supervision investigate rolling stock casualties, and produce analytical failure reports to determine root cause.
- Mitigate the risk of in-service failures through proactive intervention.
- Regularly monitor train defects and failures in traffic, and liaise with the customer.
- Download and process train diagnostic data, undertake fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigations and technical issues.
- Specialise in areas of technical and system expertise.
- Using Siemens digital tools, be able to interpret and analyse train data to improve reliability growth.
- Undertake performance analysis duties to improve and drive fleet performance.
- Assist other team members, both Siemens and customer, with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor.
- As required, attend off-depot meetings to support technical Investigations and resolution.
- Liaise with all Siemens departments, where required, to support the delivery of the contract.
- If required, deputise for line manager.
- Record and report all information relevant to Operational Safety, Incidents / Accidents, service defects and failures in a detailed and efficient manner.
- As required, respond to trends in unit defects and make recommendations on possible mitigations and counter measure.
- Undertake audits of customer’s maintenance practices to ensure that maintenance is undertaken in accordance with the relevant standards.
What do you need to qualify for the role?
- In depth knowledge of Rolling Stock systems / procedures including schematics, fault finding techniques and download analysis
- Engineering experience in the Rolling Stock sector
- Relevant engineering qualification and experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to fault-find using a number of different methods including diagnostic software
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Ability to produce detailed analytical technical reports
- Good communication skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK’s largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens.com.