GECA Associate, Climate Finance and Carbon Market
The role of the Climate Finance and Carbon Market (CFCM) team in the Greem Economy and Climate Action (GECA) department is to support mainstreaming of the Green Economy Tansition (GET) into the business of the EBRD through policy dialogue and investments. The CFCM team aims to:
- Create investment climates, through policy dialogue, aligned with the international green and climate policies, in particular the Paris Agreement and Nationally Determined Contributions
- Use climate finance and climate / carbon markets to leverage investments towards the EBRD’s GET targets.
- Ensure access to climate funding in close co-operation with Donor Co-Financing (DCF).
The Climate Finance and Carbon Market Associate will support the Head in the climate finance and carbon market business development and the delivery of projects and policy dialogue.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Pipeline Development
- Ensure to be fully up to date with the eligibility criteria and conditions for the key climate finance instruments. Keep an up to date presentation (market overview) on the climate finance and carbon market opportunities.
- Enable and support the review of the EBRD pipeline, to identify potential leads for climate finance and/or carbon asset potential aligned with the GET objectives
- Support the development of climate finance funding proposals to the key climate funds, participate in negotiations on these proposals and assist in the closing of the related funding agreements.
- Portfolio Management
Support CMCF Portfolio Management, in close co-operation with operation leaders from banking teams and Direct Cofinancing Unit.
- Ensure the meeting of delivery milestones, including drafting reports
- Co-ordinate the delivery of related technical co-operation packages
- Contribute to the active monitoring of the results and impacts
- Policy Dialogue
- Contribute to the policy dialogue related to transformational change activities.
- Review and provide critical comment on policy documents prepared under policy dialogue assignments
- Identify potential policy dialogue interventions
- Support the development of appropriate communications instruments, e.g. presentations, press releases and social media entries
- Assist the Head CFCM in managing relations with external relationships.External relations
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Industrial Business, Engineering, or Society and Technology degree with a focus on Climate, Energy, Environmental or Resource Policy
- Required Experience
- Experience in tracking policy and regulatory developments and translation of such into actionable projects.
- Experience with setting up and using portfolio management tools
- Experience in managing projects and consultants
- Experience of communicating complex policy and technical issues to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience in emerging markets, including the transition economies, Turkey, or MENA
- Desirable Experience
- Experience of development finance, in particular climate finance and/or carbon markets
- Excellent English, and either Russian, French, Turkish, Arabic would be advantageous
- Computer literate (advanced Excel/Powerpoint, MS Word)
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Чтобы откликнуться на эту работу, пожалуйста, посетите jobs.ebrd.com.