Performance Reporting Consultant
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are seeking to fill a Performance Reporting Consultant position for the WFP Innovation Accelerator based in Munich, Germany.
Brief description of WFP Innovation Accelerator, INKA:
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency fighting hunger. WFP reaches more than 100 million people every day — delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with smallholder farmers, communities, and governments to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The WFP Innovation Accelerator was named by Fast Company as Most Innovative Non-Profit Organization 2021 for its work in identifying, nurturing, and scaling disruptive start-ups and innovations to end global hunger. Based in Munich, Germany, the Innovation Accelerator provides WFP employees, entrepreneurs and start-ups with funding, hands-on support, and access to WFP’s global operations. Through the Innovation Accelerator, WFP is leveraging unprecedented advances in digital innovation — such as mobile technology, artificial intelligence and blockchain — and new business models to transform the way it serves vulnerable communities across the world. In 2020, Accelerator supported innovations that positively impacted the lives of 3.7 million people globally. Most recently, the Accelerator runs programmes for external partners such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and others.
More information here: http://innovation.wfp.org and https://youtu.be/OnKkQlRdh2c.
- Title of Post: Performance Reporting Consultant
- Unit: Innovation Accelerator, Innovation and Knowledge Management Division (INKA)
- Country: Germany
- Duty Station: Munich
- Initial contract duration: 5 months
- Expected Start Date: 01.11.2021
Duties and responsibilities:
The Consultant, reporting to the Donor Relations and Partnerships Lead, is expected to:
- Act as an information and knowledge management focal point for partnerships and fundraising:
- Coordinate and draft accurate reports to donors, partners, internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Lead the end-to-end process, draft, coordinate, and finalize the WFP Innovation Accelerator’s Year in Review report, and any other multi-donor reports;
- Prepare accurate reports on donors and resourcing status of activities, identify trends and issues, and propose solutions to enable informed decision-making and action planning by senior stakeholders;
- Prepare input, talking points, briefings, presentations and reports for management, inter-agency opportunities and donor-related activities;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with WFP partnerships colleagues at HQ, Regional Bureau, Liaison Office and Country Office level and participate in relevant partner meetings;
- Coordinate work with WFP Partnerships colleagues and other WFP units to ensure the flow of information to align messaging, activities and ensure donor visibility and that donor conditions are met;
- Analyse data and propose well-researched ideas to the partnerships team for new strategies to maintain and increase funding from new and existing donors.
- Collect, interpret and visualise data, performance metrics and funding numbers associated with Innovation Accelerator-supported programmes, projects and activities:
- Coordinate the metrics and data-gathering of the Innovation Accelerator, including the findings and advice of the Innovation Accelerator’s Impact and Metrics Working Group, and ensure timely gathering of figures and data for key performance reports.
- Support information gathering from Innovation Accelerator teams and provide guidance as required to ensure delivery of results.
- Analyse and pivot data to develop concise and actionable insights. Provide business intelligence, operational insights and recommendations to management and key stakeholders as applicable, based on analyses conducted, using data to enhance decision-making and goal-setting, in consultation with the Donor Relations and Partnerships Lead.
- Present analytical findings in reports, summaries, dashboards, graphs, charts and maps to provide decision-makers and stakeholders with detailed intelligence about the state of operations.
- Contribute to the development of systems and tools that support effective information management and performance reporting, in line with WFP and UN policies and practices.
- Liaise with the Innovation and Knowledge Management Division’s Communications Officer, and the Government and Private Sector Partnerships Divisions as required.
- Support the overall Innovation Accelerator operations:
- Provide analysis & content preparation (data on projects, PowerPoint presentations, briefs, etc.) for corporate priority topics and management meetings;
- Participate and carry out discussions with colleagues in other divisions or external stakeholders on topics related to innovation;
- Support other core processes of the Innovation Accelerator (e.g. innovation sourcing; innovation bootcamps; sprint programme; thought leadership; scale-up enablement; innovation services; knowledge management) as required;
- Support the Head of the Innovation Accelerator and the Director of INK with any other activities as required.
- Execute any other task required to support the activities of the Innovation Accelerator.
Required qualifications and experience:
The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree is desirable); a degree in business, communications or international development preferred.
At least 3 years of progressively responsible international experience in operational information management, data analysis, reporting, partnerships, communications and/or business-related positions. Experience in innovation and knowledge management is beneficial.
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Sound theoretical understanding of Information Management concepts and principals with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques, and processes.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw out key messages and recommendations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to clearly articulate insights to stakeholders in WFP.
- Ability to produce accurate, high-quality written materials, including graphically based presentations as well as text documents for diverse audiences.
- Ability to interact with external audiences with maturity and tact.
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to interact with a broad range of stakeholders and external audience with maturity and tact;
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, with the ability to write strategy documents, to develop business plans and to write and deliver presentations;
- Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy;
- Working cross-functionally and get things done in a scrappy and hands-on way;
- Experience working in a large scale-organization or with a client/in partnership with a large-scale organization;
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme.
- Fluency in oral and written English mandatory. Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages) is a plus.
Чтобы откликнуться на эту работу, пожалуйста, посетите career5.successfactors.eu.